- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 12 large shrimp, deveined
- 1 large leek, white parts only, sliced into rounds
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- Fill a small bowl with ice water. Drop the sliced leek rounds into the bowl and rustle them with your hands. This helps to remove any dirt that is in the leeks. Drain and pat leeks dry. Set aside.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower florets and cover and boil until tender when pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute bacon in a medium saute pan over medium high heat until crisp, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve rendered bacon oil. Lower the heat to medium and add leeks. Saute until leeks are tender and golden, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- Still saving the cooking oil, add shrimp to the pan and saute until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is ready, drain the water and puree the softened cauliflower in a food processor or blender with skim milk until smooth. The consistency should be similar to that of creamy mashed potatoes. If necessary, add more milk to reach desired consistency. Add paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and pulse a few times to incorporate. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- To plate: Spoon cauliflower puree onto a plate and top with shrimp and then leeks. Crumble the bacon over the dish and serve immediately.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesDeliciously plump shrimp pair perfectly with sweet sauteed leeks and crispy bacon. Cauliflower puree is a healthy and satisfying side that compliments these flavors effortlessly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
GAES PTO Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More