- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 pint high-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint high-quality strawberry sorbet
- 1/4 cup white, dark, and/or milk chocolate chips
- Mix berries, sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl; toss to coat. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over high heat. Add berry mixture; cook until berries begin to soften and juices are released, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Stir in orange peel. Return to same bowl and place in freezer 10 minutes to cool slightly. DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover, transfer to refrigerator, and chill. Return sauce to room temperature or rewarm slightly in microwave-safe bowl in microwave, if desired, before serving.
- Divide vanilla ice cream among 4 large wineglasses or dessert coupes. Top with scoops of strawberry sorbet. Spoon room-temperature or warm strawberry sauce over. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Nick's PicksSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More