- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large bunch of fresh Swiss chard
- 1 small clove garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Rinse out the Swiss chard leaves thoroughly.
- Roughly chop into inch-wide strips.
- Remove the toughest third of the stalk, discard
- Heat a saucepan on a medium heat setting
- add olive oil, a few small slices of garlic and the crushed red pepper.
- Saut� for about a minute.
- Add the chopped Swiss chard leaves.
- Check after about 5 minutes.
- If it looks dry, add a couple tablespoons of water.
- Flip the leaves over in the pan, so that what was on the bottom, is now on the top.
- Cover again.
- Check for doneness after another 5 minutes (remove a piece and taste it).
- Add salt to taste, and a small amount of butter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
The Italian Exchange
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More