- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large bunch of fresh Swiss chard
- 1 small clove garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Pinch of dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Rinse out the Swiss chard leaves thoroughly.
- Roughly chop into inch-wide strips.
- Remove the toughest third of the stalk, discard
- Heat a saucepan on a medium heat setting
- add olive oil, a few small slices of garlic and the crushed red pepper.
- Saut� for about a minute.
- Add the chopped Swiss chard leaves.
- Check after about 5 minutes.
- If it looks dry, add a couple tablespoons of water.
- Flip the leaves over in the pan, so that what was on the bottom, is now on the top.
- Cover again.
- Check for doneness after another 5 minutes (remove a piece and taste it).
- Add salt to taste, and a small amount of butter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Food Travels Through Italy
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More