- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 c. arborio rice
- 3 1/2 c. lamb stock or vegetable stock, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbls. butter
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 c. raw mixed vegetables, chopped (you can use anything you like: tomato, green peas/beans, asparagus, squash, zucchini, potatoes...)
- 1 Tbls. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. shredded parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat stock in microwave or a large pot.
- In another large pot, heat butter and 1 Tbls. oil until butter melts.
- Add rice, and stir over medium high heat until toasted (about 3 minutes).
- Add stock, 1/2 cup at a time to risotto, stirring constantly and waiting until stock is absorbed before each addition. Continue until rice is tender and 3 c. of stock are absorbed. Set remaining stock aside. Stir parmesan into risotto and remove from heat.
- In a saute pan, heat remaining oil.
- Saute onion until just tender.
- Add remaining vegetable and cook over medium high heat until just tender.
- Add remaining lamb stock, red pepper flakes, parsley, salt and pepper to taste and cook until stock is reduced by half.
- Fold vegetables into risotto and serve with sprinkle of parsley and cheese.
NotesDay 3 of our week of "Using up all of the lamb" recipes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Gluten-Free and Delicious
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More