- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 small to medium yellow squash, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 scallions, optional
- Preheat skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, then butter. When butter melts, add red peppers and squash. Saute 12 to 14 minutes until squash is tender. Add salt, pepper and parsley. Add chives or scallions if you would like a layer of light onion flavor on the dish as well.
- Note: I added some chopped garlic along with the scallions. I also added some zucchini along with the yellow squash.
NotesI'm always looking for something to do with veggies that makes them special and yummy without a ton of work. I think this accomplishes both.
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More