- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 serving
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRemember to soak wooden kabob skewers in water for 20 minutes before threading them and placing on the grill.
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6-oz. pkg. Sun-Maid California Apricots
- 1/4 tbsp. salt
- 1 red or green pepper,cut in 1-inch squares
- 1/2 red onion,cut in 1-inch squares
- In a large bowl, blend together wine or broth, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs and lemon zest.
- Divide in half and place in 2 large plastic zipper bags.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 strips to make a total of 16 strips.
- Place chicken in one plastic zipper bag and apricots in the other.
- Seal and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken and apricots; discard marinade.
- Sprinkle salt on chicken.
- Thread 8 skewers in the following order; one pepper, one onion, one chicken strip in a loosely wrapped "s" fashion around 2 apricot halves.
- Repeat, ending up with one pepper and one onion.
- Grill or broil, 5 inches from heat, for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through,turning every 2-3 minutes.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More