- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 serving
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon zest
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6-oz. pkg. Sun-Maid California Apricots
- 1/4 tbsp. salt
- 1 red or green pepper,cut in 1-inch squares
- 1/2 red onion,cut in 1-inch squares
- In a large bowl, blend together wine or broth, lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs and lemon zest.
- Divide in half and place in 2 large plastic zipper bags.
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise into 4 strips to make a total of 16 strips.
- Place chicken in one plastic zipper bag and apricots in the other.
- Seal and refrigerate for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain chicken and apricots; discard marinade.
- Sprinkle salt on chicken.
- Thread 8 skewers in the following order; one pepper, one onion, one chicken strip in a loosely wrapped "s" fashion around 2 apricot halves.
- Repeat, ending up with one pepper and one onion.
- Grill or broil, 5 inches from heat, for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through,turning every 2-3 minutes.
NotesRemember to soak wooden kabob skewers in water for 20 minutes before threading them and placing on the grill.