- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8 4-inch griddle cakes
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen, canned or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon pieces until they begin to brown.
- 2. Add the onion and continue to cook until the bacon is crisp and the onion is softened.
- 3. While the bacon is cooking, combine the flour, chives, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 4. Stir in the milk, egg and oil, just until moistened.
- 5. Stir in the bacon mixture, corn and cheese.
- 6. Heat and grease a large skillet.
- 7. Pour a heaping 1/4-cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until it is golden brown- 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 8. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More