- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8 4-inch griddle cakes
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen, canned or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon pieces until they begin to brown.
- 2. Add the onion and continue to cook until the bacon is crisp and the onion is softened.
- 3. While the bacon is cooking, combine the flour, chives, baking powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- 4. Stir in the milk, egg and oil, just until moistened.
- 5. Stir in the bacon mixture, corn and cheese.
- 6. Heat and grease a large skillet.
- 7. Pour a heaping 1/4-cup of the batter onto the griddle and cook until it is golden brown- 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- 8. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More