- Cooking Time: 480-600
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomato, undrained
- 2 celery rib, sliced
- 4 carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (I used Lipton beefy onion)
- 1/2-1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Place stew meat, tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, potatoes, salt, pepper, and dissolved bouillon into crockpot, stirring to mix.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Remove lid, add peas, and dissolved cornstarch, stirring to mix.
- 4. Set crockpot to high, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until peas are tender and stew is thickened.
- ** photo by Queen Roly at flickr.
Notes"So easy to make in the crockpot, great for a winter's day." ** photo by Queen Roly at flickr.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More