SAVORY BEEF STEW
- Cooking Time: 480-600
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomato, undrained
- 2 celery rib, sliced
- 4 carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (I used Lipton beefy onion)
- 1/2-1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1/4 cup cold water
1. Place stew meat, tomatoes, celery, carrots, garlic, potatoes, salt, pepper, and dissolved bouillon into crockpot, stirring to mix.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.
3. Remove lid, add peas, and dissolved cornstarch, stirring to mix.
4. Set crockpot to high, and cook for 20-30 minutes, or until peas are tender and stew is thickened.
** photo by Queen Roly at flickr.
Website Credit: recipezaar.com