- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 small tomatillos, husked
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and finely chopped, with 2 teaspoons of the adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a hot skillet, add the tomatillos, garlic cloves, tomatoes and onion and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until they start to soften( 8 to 10 minutes).
- Pour mix into a bowl to cool
- Put the tomatillos, garlic, tomatoes, green pepper and onion in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped, or chop by hand
- Add the chipotles and adobo sauce, cilantro, salt and sugar and pulse just until combined.