- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 slices bread
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 Tsp baking powder
- 1/8 Tsp. baking soda
- 4 cups fresh corn
- 1 Tbsp Chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1- 1 ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- In a food processor pulse the bread to make a soft crumb. Reserve ½ for later
- Add 1 cup of corn and garlic, process until you create a puree
- Add the egg and pulse a bit to combine but not beat.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients, when mixed together add corn and herbs.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- If the consistency is too fluid, add the reserved bread crumbs.
- The texture is similar to cooked oatmeal,
- Scoop approx ½ cup of mixture and roll in the bread crumbs and form into cakes.
- Fry in a small amount of Canola Oil at a medium low heat for around 5 min per side or until brown and the centre is set. Add more oil when cakes are turned over to cook the other side.
- The recipe will yield 6 cakes.
- Any herb can be substituted or perhaps a curry powder if you choose.
- Serve alone or with a garlic mayo or simply a squeeze of lemon.
- Panko Bread crumbs are available in a lot of Asian markets.
NotesHere in Ontario Canada we have wonderfully sweetest Peaches and Cream corn. I was trying to think of a less traditional way to eat corn. I searched for a recipe for a corn cake, similar to a crab cake but obviously with corn but was unsuccessful. I made up the following recipe and it is surprisingly good
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Taste of CenturyLink
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More