- Cooking Time: 3
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 8 ounces corn kernels
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and cornmeal. Set aside.
- Combine corn and milk in food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and yolks.
- Stir in dry mixture.
- Fold in scallions, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Heat heavy skillet (you can't beat cast iron!) to medium high heat with a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Spoon about two tablespoons of batter into the pan and smooth out a little to form a round.
- Cook like a pancake, browning both sides – about three minutes per side.
- Serve as a side for grilled meats, as a topped, blini-like appetizer, or, as pictured above, as a main course covered with black beans and herbs.
NotesThese little corn cakes are super easy to make, can be made to go with a variety of dishes, and are, of course, very, very tasty.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More