- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"A quick and easy warm chicken sandwich. (TIP: Two 5-ounce cans of chunk chicken, drained and flaked, can be substituted for cubed cooked chicken.)" Original recipe yield: 4 sandwiches.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimento peppers (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup croutons
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine until smooth.
- Add the chicken, onion, salt, pepper, milk and pimento. Mix well.
- 3. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle.
- Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture and twist firmly.
- Pinch edges to seal.
- 4. Place sandwiches on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon of melted butter or margarine; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.