SAVORY CRESCENT CHICKEN
- Servings: 4
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimento peppers (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup croutons
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and 1 tablespoon melted butter or margarine until smooth.
Add the chicken, onion, salt, pepper, milk and pimento. Mix well.
3. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle.
Pull 4 corners of dough to center of chicken mixture and twist firmly.
Pinch edges to seal.
4. Place sandwiches on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Brush tops of sandwiches with 1 tablespoon of melted butter or margarine; sprinkle with crushed croutons.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.