- Cooking Time: 7 hours
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 lb. boneless chuck roast
- ½ c. soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3-4 peppercorns
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cut all visible fat from roast and place roast into crockpot.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
- Add water to just about cover.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or until roast is tender (depends on size).
- Remove roast from crockpot and shred with two forks.
- Return shredded beef to crock pot to hold and heat.
- Serve with crusty rolls.
- Provide tongs for serving, but be sure to spoon the delicious broth onto your sandwich. The rolls should get soggy and these sandwiches are messy to eat, but a real favorite!
NotesMy friend Janet introduced me to this dish when she had a crowd of families over to her house. I was so surprised that even the children loved these sandwiches! Then, when she gave me the recipe, I was even more surprised at its simplicity yet complex and savory flavors! Just what every busy mother needs: a great tasting recipe that is a snap to make, is inexpensive, and will feed a crowd and also freezes great to stretch out for future fast and delicious family meals!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More