- Cooking Time: 7 hours
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 lb. boneless chuck roast
- ½ c. soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3-4 peppercorns
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Cut all visible fat from roast and place roast into crockpot.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and pour over roast.
- Add water to just about cover.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or until roast is tender (depends on size).
- Remove roast from crockpot and shred with two forks.
- Return shredded beef to crock pot to hold and heat.
- Serve with crusty rolls.
- Provide tongs for serving, but be sure to spoon the delicious broth onto your sandwich. The rolls should get soggy and these sandwiches are messy to eat, but a real favorite!
NotesMy friend Janet introduced me to this dish when she had a crowd of families over to her house. I was so surprised that even the children loved these sandwiches! Then, when she gave me the recipe, I was even more surprised at its simplicity yet complex and savory flavors! Just what every busy mother needs: a great tasting recipe that is a snap to make, is inexpensive, and will feed a crowd and also freezes great to stretch out for future fast and delicious family meals!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More