- Cooking Time: 20-35
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/4 cup garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 t. Baking powder
- 1/8 t. Salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. Fresh lemon zest.
- Julienne cut sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. Butter
- Grease a 7" x11" or similar volume pan.
- Beat the oil and 3/8ths of the sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg yokes. Beat until thick (5 min)
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Mix into wet ingredients until smooth. Add lemon juice and zest. Mix on low until just blended.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until they foam. Continue to beat, sprinkling in the remaining 1/8 cup sugar until whites stiffen and hold soft peaks.
- Fold the whites into the batter with a spatula as thoroughly and gently as possible.
- Turn batter into prepared pan. Garnish top with sun-dried tomatoes then bake for 20-35 min in a 350 degree oven.
- Meanwhile, simmer balsamic vinegar on the stovetop until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Let both cake and sauce cool to room temperature before serving.
NotesMy mom gifted me a bottle of roasted garlic olive oil. I wanted to try it using one of my favorite Mark Bittman recipes which usually calls for a citrus or plain olive oil. The result was surprisingly good!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
It's all about that protein
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More