- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 can pre-made pizza crust
- 1 8oz. can diced tomatoes (more can be used, depending on your preference)
- 2-3 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- red pepper flakes to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven as directed according to dough package directions.
- Unfold pre-made dough into a rectangle (at least 9x9 in., depending on thickness desired) on a cookie sheet greased with cooking spray.
- Toss asparagus in half of the olive oil and brush remaining oil over dough.
- Cover dough with asparagus and diced tomatoes and cook 8-12 minutes in a preheated oven, or until dough begins to turn golden.
- While dough cooks, heat butter over high heat in a skillet.
- Once it starts to foam, saute shallots until they start to brown (about 2-4 minutes) then remove from the heat.
- Remove dough from the oven.
- Sprinke red pepper flakes, garlic, sliced peppers, shallots and the goat cheese over the dough.
- Return pizza to the over and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until dough turns golden brown on the edges and center is cooked through.
- Cut and serve!
NotesWhile this is my favorite variation, this is easy to make with almost any combo of cheese and veggies, depending on the flavor you're going for.