SAVORY GREENS STIR-FRY- VEGAN
Savory Greens Stir-Fry- VEGAN
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced thin
- 1 (7 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and thinly sliced
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, sliced (if using dried, soak, discard the stems and slice)
- 1 pound kale, washed and cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon mirin (or seasoned brown rice vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon tamari (or high quality soy sauce)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Ingredient Options: Combine several types of greens. Add 1 tablespoon of brown rice syrup along with the tamari. Use chard and add a cup of drained, chopped tomatoes after adding the greens. Top greens with chopped, roasted walnuts.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions and sauté until onions are translucent. Be careful not to brown garlic or it will give a bitter taste.
Add water chestnuts and shiitake mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add kale and sauté for 1 minute. Add mirin, tamari and pepper and continue cooking until kale is just tender.
Per Serving (5 oz-wt.): 115 calories (40 from fat), 4g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 4g protein, 16g total carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 4g sugar), 0mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium