- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (113g/1 stick) salted butter, softened – I used unsalted
- 1/4 (heaping) cup (35g) ground parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked/ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or use the dried herb you like the most)
- 1 1/4 cups (175g) all purpose flour
- Line a light-colored baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter, salt, parmesan, black pepper and basil until creamy and speckled.
- Slowly add the flour, and mix until dough holds together when pinched.
- If dough is still too crumbly, add up to 1 tablespoon of ice water – I didn’t need to.
- Turn out onto a floured counter top, roll into a ball and then into an elongated log, around 30 to 35cm (12 to 14 in) long, depending on how large you want your crackers.
- Try to make sure the log is an even length, and wrap in tinfoil or plastic and freeze for at least half an hour, or longer if you don't want to serve them today.
- If you do, preheat your oven to 175ºC/350ºF.
- Remove from the freezer, and slice into rounds: the original recipe (by Ina Garten) yields nearly 36. I got 35.
- Arrange in rows on the baking sheet, with at least a little space between them - they won't spread like normal cookies or biscuits.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, checking after 15, until golden brown around the edges and smelling delicious (so true!! The smell is intoxicating).
- Remove and cool completely, or serve slightly warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More