SAVORY SLAW WITH GINGER PINEAPPLE DRESSING
Savory Slaw with Ginger Pineapple Dressing
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- For the Ginger Pineapple Dressing:
- 1 can (about 20 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the salad:
- 1 pound savoy cabbage, quartered, damaged leaves and core removed
- 3/4 pound red cabbage, quartered, damaged leaves and core removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups (about 4 ounces) shredded carrots
- 2 ounces (7 to 8 slices) candied ginger, finely diced, divided
To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Slice the savoy and the red cabbage as thinly as possible. Cut the water chestnut slices in thin strips.
Toss the savory red cabbage, water chestnuts, carrots, half the candied ginger and the dressing in a serving bowl. Allow to rest for 20 minutes before serving. Serve garnished with the remaining candied ginger.
Nutritional Information for Dressing Per Serving: Calories 35; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 9g; Fiber 0g; Protein 0g; Vitamin A 0%DV*; Vitamin C 8%DV; Folate 1%DV; Calcium 0%DV; Iron 2%DV; Potassium 2%DV
Nutrition Information for Dressed Salad Per Serving: Calories 80; Total fat 0g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 190mg; Total carbohydrate 20g; Fiber 3g; Protein 2g; Vitamin A 50%DV; Vitamin C 60%DV;Folate 10%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 6%DV; Potassium 8%DV