- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For coating pan:
- olive oil
- For cheesecake:
- 1 lb. ricotta
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. mozzarella
- 1/2 c. grated parmigiano
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 T. flour
- 10 oz. cooked, chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly brush a 10-inch springform pan with olive oil and dust with breadcrumbs, tapping out excess crumbs.
- Wrap bottom of pan with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Combine all ingredients for cheesecake in a medium bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 60-75 minutes, until set.
- Run a knife around edge of pan and allow cheesecake to cool.
NotesThis savory cheesecake is a unique alternative to a traditional quiche and makes a nice entree for brunch or lunch. It's basically a crustless quiche, but more laden with cheese and not so heavy on the eggs. Mine is a recipe adapted from the Greens vegetarian restaurant cookbook. Sometimes I like to punch up the flavor with sauteed mushrooms, minced sun-dried tomato, roasted bell pepper, sauteed garlic and onion, or any combination of the above.