BackstoryThis Savory Stuffing is a snap; using Rhodes Warm-N-Serv Rolls or baked Dinner or Texas Rolls.
- 6 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls baked and cooled or 6 Rhodes Warm-N-Serv™ Crusty Rolls, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large, tart apple chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 -1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Cut rolls into 1/2-1 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoned salt. Place on a large baking sheet and bake at 250°F 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. In a large frying pan, cook bacon, onion and garlic until bacon is crisp. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the roll cubes, apple, parsley, sage, thyme and pepper. Toss to combine. Stir in just enough broth to reach desired moistness. Place stuffing in a sprayed 8-inch square baking dish. Bake at 350°F 20-25 minutes. Cover with foil last 5 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent over browning.