SAVORY TURKEY BREAST
- Cooking Time: 480 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 6 1/2 lb. bone-in turkey breast - thawed if frozen
- 1 med. onion (1/2 cup) - chopped
- 1 med. stalk celery (1/2 cup) - chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
Remove gravy packet or extra parts from turkey breast.
Place onion, celery and bay leaf in cavity of turkey.
Place turkey into 5-6 qt. slow cooker.
Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper. Mix bouillon granules
and water until granules are dissolved; pour over turkey.
Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hrs. or until juice of turkey
no longer runs pink when center is cut. Remove bay leaf.
Serve turkey, reserving about 1/4 of it to cool slightly.
Cut reserved turkey into 1/2" pcs. to make 2 cups; place in
refrigerator or freezer container for Sichuan Turkey and
Cover and refrigerate turkey up to 4 days. Or freeze up to
4 months. To thaw frozen cooked turkey, place container in
refrigerator about 8 hrs.
Makes 10 servings