- Cooking Time: 480 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryI got this e-mail from doing a search one day and it is so good and excellent.
- 6 1/2 lb. bone-in turkey breast - thawed if frozen
- 1 med. onion (1/2 cup) - chopped
- 1 med. stalk celery (1/2 cup) - chopped
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- Remove gravy packet or extra parts from turkey breast.
- Place onion, celery and bay leaf in cavity of turkey.
- Place turkey into 5-6 qt. slow cooker.
- Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper. Mix bouillon granules
- and water until granules are dissolved; pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hrs. or until juice of turkey
- no longer runs pink when center is cut. Remove bay leaf.
- Serve turkey, reserving about 1/4 of it to cool slightly.
- Cut reserved turkey into 1/2" pcs. to make 2 cups; place in
- refrigerator or freezer container for Sichuan Turkey and
- Cover and refrigerate turkey up to 4 days. Or freeze up to
- 4 months. To thaw frozen cooked turkey, place container in
- refrigerator about 8 hrs.
- Makes 10 servings
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More