- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 Lbs Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Thick Slices of Habenero Pepper Jack Cheese (Sargento Makes a good one)
- 1 Avacado (Cut into slices)
- 1 Clove Elephant Garlic (Chopped Fine)
- Fresh Dill
- Sliced Roma Tomatoes
- Crisp Iceberg Lettuce
- Sliced Crispy Red Onion
- Spicy Mayo (See "Dan's Spicy Mayo)
- 1 Cup Kickin' Mango Salsa (See "Dan's Kickin' Mango Salsa)
- Baked Tortilla Chips
- 4 Large Whole Grain Burger Buns
- Combine Salt, Pepper, Dill, Elephant Garlic and Turkey in bowl. Mix with hands to combine.
- Form into 4 Separate paties, using your thumb to create a small well in each patty so that they will reform flat while cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides and grill to completely cooked through turning only once, making sure to keep lid on grill closed as much as possible. Burgers should require about 20 minutes total cook time on a medium-high indirect heat
- Just before done, lay one slice of pepper jack cheese on each patty and close cover to melt cheese.
- Build burgers on your whole grain buns with Lettuce, Tomatoe, Red Onion and Avacado. Spread some spicy Mayo on the top half and enjoy with a side of baked tortillas and Kickin' Mango Salsa!!
NotesI was looking for somewhat of a lighter/healthier fare for my burger cravings, so I came up with this recipie. Fresh ground turkey is combined with cracked black pepper, kosher salt, Fresh chopped garlic and dill then grilled to perfection. Your taste buds will explode as it combines with some pepper jack cheese, spicy mayo, lettuce, tomato and crisp red onion, all on a whole grain bun to create a healthy meal that will satisfy any burger afficianado. Serve it with my Kickin' Mango salsa and baked tortilla chips instead of fries to complete your healthy journey!