- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 40
- 3 cups of your favorite creamed soup: I like cream of celery myself
- Handful each of your favorite veggies/fungi: carrots, celery, peas, shitake mushrooms, potatoes
- 16 oz of firm tofu
- pie crusts!
- If you already have crusts made:
- 1. I like to roast the hard veggies and tofu with herbs de provence at 375 for about a half hour to 45 minutes.
- 2. Mix the roasted veggies and soft uncooked veggies with your cream soup and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Pre-bake your pie crust bottom for about 5-10 minutes to avoid a soggy bottom! Fill the crust with your veggie/soup combo. Top with another crust and poke holes.
- 4. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees!
- 5. CHOMP!!!!!!!!!
- To make 2 nine inch pie crusts:
- 2 1/2 cups (12 1/2 ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold margarine, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup cold vegetable shortening, cut into small bits
- 1/4 cup cold vodka
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Use a food processor or pastry knife to incorporate then form into two balls. I usually refrigerate it for an hour or so so it’s easier to handle (or make extra and freeze it til your ready)! Roll out and bake!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More