- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced finely
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon coreander
- 1 teaspoon laos*
- 1/2 pound (225 g) shelled fresh or frozen shrimp, cut into thin slices
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 pound (225 g) cabbage, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 pound (225 g)baby bok choi, sliced
- 1/2 pound (225 g) cauliflower, parted into florets
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 pound (225 g) string beans, removing strings and cut into 3 parts each
- 1 egg plant, cubed
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat oil in pan and sauté onion lightly. Add garlic, coreander and laos. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chilli, cabbage, baby bok choi, cauliflower, carrots, string beans, eggplant and salt. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Then add coconut milk and bay leaves and cook uncovered, stirring almost continuously, until vegetables are tender. Serve
NotesAlthough this common vegetable dish takes the form of a soup, it is not eaten as a soup course, but as a side dish of the dinner