- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWho couldn't use a little indulgence?
- 1-1/2 lbs. red skinned potatoes, scrubbed, skin on
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. gorgonzola cheese (I used my current obsession, gorgonzola dolce)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook, covered, over medium heat until a knifepoint can be inserted easily into potatoes (approximately 30 minutes). Drain.
- Meanwhile in a separate frying pan, sautee sliced scallions in olive oil until tender.
- In a large measuring cup, warm buttermilk and butter approximately 45 seconds, until butter is melted. Add gorgonzola and allow to soften in the warm milk and butter mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir mixture until gorgonzola is well incorporated.
- Mash potatoes in a medium bowl. Add scallions, then milk-butter-cheese mixture, little by little, stirring with a rubber spatula until desired consistency (it is possible that some of the milk-butter-cheese mixture will remain). Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Makes 4 side servings or 2 very indulgent single servings.