- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 lbs. red skinned potatoes, scrubbed, skin on
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 c. buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. gorgonzola cheese (I used my current obsession, gorgonzola dolce)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with water and cook, covered, over medium heat until a knifepoint can be inserted easily into potatoes (approximately 30 minutes). Drain.
- Meanwhile in a separate frying pan, sautee sliced scallions in olive oil until tender.
- In a large measuring cup, warm buttermilk and butter approximately 45 seconds, until butter is melted. Add gorgonzola and allow to soften in the warm milk and butter mixture. With a rubber spatula, stir mixture until gorgonzola is well incorporated.
- Mash potatoes in a medium bowl. Add scallions, then milk-butter-cheese mixture, little by little, stirring with a rubber spatula until desired consistency (it is possible that some of the milk-butter-cheese mixture will remain). Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Makes 4 side servings or 2 very indulgent single servings.
NotesWho couldn't use a little indulgence?
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More