- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads, crumbled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pearl (Israeli) couscous (10 oz)
- 2 3/4 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 med red pepper, diced
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 lb mussels
- 8 sml hard shelled clams (2 inches)
- 2 oz shrimp, peeled
- 2 oz spanish chorizo, 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- garnish basil leaves
- Cook half of onion with half of saffron in 1 tbsp oil in 3 quart heavy saucepan, until onions soften.
- Stir in couscous, then add liquid and salt, simmer, covered until liquid is absorbed and al dente (10 to 12 minutes).
- While couscous stands, cook bell pepper and rest of onion in 2 tbsp oil with seasoning and rest of saffron in 2 quart saucepan over moderate heat, until vegetables are softened.
- Pat scallops dry and season.
- Heat 2 tsps oil in 12 inch Wok over moderately high heat - but not smoking.
- Sauté scallops (8 at a time) until golden brown and just cooked through (3 to 4 minutes).
- Transfer to plate.
- Cook mussels until just open.
- Seperately do same with clams.
- Add shrimp together in with clams and chorizo, mussels, and cooked peppers and onions in Wok and stir until shrimp is just cooked through.
- Stir in couscous, scallops and peas until heated through.
- May garnish with Basil leaves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
culinary karmaSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More