- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp saffron threads, crumbled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups pearl (Israeli) couscous (10 oz)
- 2 3/4 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 med red pepper, diced
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 lb mussels
- 8 sml hard shelled clams (2 inches)
- 2 oz shrimp, peeled
- 2 oz spanish chorizo, 1/4" pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- garnish basil leaves
- Cook half of onion with half of saffron in 1 tbsp oil in 3 quart heavy saucepan, until onions soften.
- Stir in couscous, then add liquid and salt, simmer, covered until liquid is absorbed and al dente (10 to 12 minutes).
- While couscous stands, cook bell pepper and rest of onion in 2 tbsp oil with seasoning and rest of saffron in 2 quart saucepan over moderate heat, until vegetables are softened.
- Pat scallops dry and season.
- Heat 2 tsps oil in 12 inch Wok over moderately high heat - but not smoking.
- Sauté scallops (8 at a time) until golden brown and just cooked through (3 to 4 minutes).
- Transfer to plate.
- Cook mussels until just open.
- Seperately do same with clams.
- Add shrimp together in with clams and chorizo, mussels, and cooked peppers and onions in Wok and stir until shrimp is just cooked through.
- Stir in couscous, scallops and peas until heated through.
- May garnish with Basil leaves.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More