- Cooking Time: 3-5
- Servings: 1-2
- Preparation Time: 15
- Scallop Filo with Truffle Yuzu Sauce Recipe
- Scallop- 1-3 pieces
- Kataifi Shredded filo- 1 box
- Salt and Pepper- As Needed
- Truffle Yuzu Sauce
- Chinese Black Truffle- 3 oz.
- Yuzu Juice- 3 oz.
- Grape Seed oil- 1 oz.
- Soy Sauce- 4 oz.
- Salt and Pepper- As needed
- Chive- As garnish
- Preparing the Scallop
- Season the scallop on both sides with some salt and pepper. Once you do that, wrap the scallop with the shredded filo. Dont overwrap it! If you layer it too much, once it hits light brown in the oil, the filo close to the scallop will not be fried.
- Tip:Scallop is a very delicate seafood and cooks very fast. Make sure to keep the scallops nice and cold. As soon as you drop the scallop in a pot of Canola Oil you want the filo to be light brown with a crunch and the scallop not to be overcooked.
- Preparing the Sauce
- Use a microplane or zester to shred the truffle.Add all ingredients in a blender and make sure to have all the products combined and emulsified. Season to your liking! don't forget to garnish with the chive and some truffle!
NotesInspired by Chef Nobu.
The truffle yuzu sauce compliments the scallop wrapped in crisp filo bringing a savory and sour flavor to the tongue.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More