- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 T. grated orange rind
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cut up
- Cook sweet potatoes with skin on for 35 minutes, drain and cool.
- Peel and cut potatoes in 1/2 in slices.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples into rings.
- Combine brown sugar, orange rind, salt and cinnamon.
- Arrange potatoes and apple slices in lightly greased 9 x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.......45 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered.
NotesOne of my friends made this for a luncheon we had and I liked it so much, I made it over the Christmas holidays.
GAES PTO Recipes
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More