- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 30 large scallops, pat dry
- black sesame seeds
- white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2-3 lettuce leaf (cleaned and pat dry)
- Oyster sauce for dipping
- Whisk egg whites, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper together. Toss in scallops to coat evenly.
- Use your hand to dip each scallop to coat with sesame seeds all the way around. Set the coated scallops aside.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Carefully place the scallops to the hot skillet and sear the scallops until it turns slightly brown(2 minutes). Turn the scallops over and sear the other side for additional 2 minutes, or until it’s opaque on the inside.
- Repeat for all scallops. Be careful not to over crowd the skillet.
- I usually fry them in batches to ensure they brown evenly and occasionally place additional oil in the skillet when necessary.
- Place the scallops on top of the lettuce.
- Serve Oyster suace for dipping.
NotesIf you have been following my recipes, you should notice that I favor cooking seafood! I grew up on a tropical island where seafood was inexpensive and abundant. Besides fish, scallop is another seafood that I love to cook. It cooks very fast and it’s very easy to prepare. Scallops are low in fat and calories and an excellent source of protein. This recipe calls for coating the scallops in black and white sesame seeds, but the photo I have only had white sesame seeds, so I “doctored” up the photo a bit, just in case if anyone noticed the black dots are added on….hahahaha.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More