Scarborough Fair Chicken With White Wine
Why I Love This Recipe
I named this recipe after the song that inspired me to experiment with wine, herbs and chicken which always just seems to go together for some reason. Remember that part of the song that says "parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme" in the classic Simon and Garfunkle song, "Scarborough Fair". I hope you will enjoy my results
Ingredients You'll Need
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
1 head garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
onion salt (to taste)
black pepper (to taste)
2 cups dry white wine
Juice of 1 large fresh lemon
Hot rice (I like a wild rice mixture)
1. Brown chicken and garlic in a small amount oil in a large frying pan.
2. Sprinkle herbs, onion salt and pepper on top of chicken.
3. Pour wine over chicken and herbs.
4. Wash and cut lemon in half.
5. Squeeze the lemon over the chicken, being careful not to get any seeds into the sauce; add squeezed lemon to the chicken, wine and herbs.
6. Cover and simmer 20 minutes until the chicken is tender and no longer pink; remove lemon halves and discard.
7. Serve chicken with a wild rice mixture, spooning the liquid over the rice.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Main Dish