- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Rhodes Texas or Rhodes Dinner Rolls thawed but still cold
- 1 currant
- 1 egg, beaten
- Press 2 rolls together and form a 12-inch rope. Bend the rope into a horseshoe shape. This will be the body and legs of the cat. Place on a sprayed baking sheet. On an angle and with scissors, cut up the inside of the legs about 4 inches to form two more legs. Separate each leg turning the cut side down on the baking sheet.
- For the tail, shape another roll into a 6-inch rope making one end pointed. Tuck the pointed end behind the side of the horseshoe.
- Flatten the last roll and cut out a piece at the top to form the cat's head and ears. With some of the cut out piece, form 1 very tiny ball and flatten it for the lower mouth. Form 2 other small balls for the top of the mouth. Place them on the face. There will be leftover dough. Place the head on the opposite side of the tail, slightly overlapping the body. Cut 2 slits for eyes and press a currant above the mouth for the nose.
- With scissors, clip deep cuts on the cat's body and tail. Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 350∞F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More