- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces Scharffen Berger 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate
- 12 ounces (1-1/2 cups) or 1 can evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Tia Maria, coffee liquor
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl over simmering but not boiling water.
- Put the evaporated milk, butter and 2 tablespoons of Tia Maria in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the chocolate and process until the frosting is thick and creamy.
- Use immediately to frost the cake.
- *If the frosting is not thick enough to frost the cake immediately, refrigerate it for half an hour or let stand at room temperature for one hour until it is sufficiently thick.
NotesOne of my fave frosting recipes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
A Falcon Feast
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More