- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounces Scharffen Berger 70% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate
- 12 ounces (1-1/2 cups) or 1 can evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Tia Maria, coffee liquor
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler or in a bowl over simmering but not boiling water.
- Put the evaporated milk, butter and 2 tablespoons of Tia Maria in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the chocolate and process until the frosting is thick and creamy.
- Use immediately to frost the cake.
- *If the frosting is not thick enough to frost the cake immediately, refrigerate it for half an hour or let stand at room temperature for one hour until it is sufficiently thick.
NotesOne of my fave frosting recipes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Italy or Bust
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More