- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 pork chops cut in 1 inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups lentils
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- Trim the fat from the pork chops and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Wash the lentils; combine in a saucepan with the sliced onions, bay leaves and thyme; add water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook over low heat 1 hour. Add the remaining salt and pepper. Discard the bay leaves. turn into a baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the pork chops on both sides. Remove most of the oil until 2 teaspoons remain, sauté the chopped onions for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix into the lentils and arrange the pork chops over the lentils. Cover and bake in a 350ºF oven for 1 hour or until pork chops and lentils are tender, removing the cover for the last 15 minutes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More