- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup heavy cream plus more for brushing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in the middle.
- Whisk together flor, sugar, baking powder and salt ina large bowl. Scatter butter on top and blend with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in dried cherries.
- Whisk together egg and cream in a small bowl, then fold into flour mixture until dough just comes together (doug will be delicate)
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. With floured hands, press into a 1" think rectangle. Cut out rounds with cutter and arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Gather scraps together and cut out addition scones.
- Brush tops of scones with cream and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake scones rotating baking sheet halfway through, until tops are golden, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a rack for about 10 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More