- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup heavy cream plus more for brushing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in the middle.
- Whisk together flor, sugar, baking powder and salt ina large bowl. Scatter butter on top and blend with your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Mix in dried cherries.
- Whisk together egg and cream in a small bowl, then fold into flour mixture until dough just comes together (doug will be delicate)
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. With floured hands, press into a 1" think rectangle. Cut out rounds with cutter and arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Gather scraps together and cut out addition scones.
- Brush tops of scones with cream and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake scones rotating baking sheet halfway through, until tops are golden, 25-30 minutes. Cool on a rack for about 10 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More