- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups cream
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Add chopped dry fruit to dry ingredients. Use your imagination.
- Add grated zest of lemon or orange.
- Substitute All-purpose flour instead of whole wheat pastry flour.
- Cut into smaller, bite-size shapes.
Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
Stir in cream, mix until the dough just starts to come together; it will be sticky.
Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead briefly, just enough to bring the dough together.
Pat it into an 8" circle.
Brush with butter, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Cut into 8" wedges and place the wedges 1" apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
Bake at 400 degree oven for 17min. or until golden brown.