- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups cream
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Add chopped dry fruit to dry ingredients. Use your imagination.
- Add grated zest of lemon or orange.
- Substitute All-purpose flour instead of whole wheat pastry flour.
- Cut into smaller, bite-size shapes.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Stir in cream, mix until the dough just starts to come together; it will be sticky.
- Turn it out onto a floured surface and knead briefly, just enough to bring the dough together.
- Pat it into an 8" circle.
- Brush with butter, and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Cut into 8" wedges and place the wedges 1" apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- Bake at 400 degree oven for 17min. or until golden brown.
NotesThis is another recipe I can't wait to try, I love Scones, and this one seems very easy to make. Also comes from The Art of Simple Food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More