- Cooking Time: 8–12
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 quart heavy cream (40%)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2½ tbsp baking powder
- 2 lbs all-purpose flour
- Egg wash
- Garnishes, as needed
- Gather all ingredients.
- Put heavy cream in mixer and combine sugar, salt, vanilla and baking powder.
- Whip until cream achieves medium-heavy peaks.
- Place in mixing bowl.
- Pour flour into mixing bowl and incorporate by hand.
- Be very careful not to over whip.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and separate dough into two piles.
- Garnish with whatever is appropriate (dried cranberries, chocolate, white chocolate, orange zest, etc.).
- Mix garnish in and form dough into wheels.
- Cut wheels into 8 pieces each.
- Place apart on a sheet pan and lightly coat with an egg wash.
- Bake at 350° F for about 8–12 minutes watching carefully and ensuring they are golden brown and completely cooked.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More