- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 10 hard boiled eggs
- Flour for dusting
- 2 pounds ground pork sausage or homemade sausage
- 1 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs or Panko
- 2 tsp. Mace
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- Oil for deep frying - preferably Peanut oil as the smoke point is higher, and it does not turn Trans-Fat 'Toxic' at 275 like Canola oil.
- Preheat the Deep-Fryer to 350 degrees
- Remove the shells from the chilled hard-boiled eggs, dry them with a paper towel if necessary and dust with flour. Set aside.
- Roll out the sausage on a flat surface.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the mace, salt and pepper.
- Take each hard-boiled egg wrap it in the sausage meat until it is completely covered.(The meat should be about 1/2 inch thick around each egg.)
- Dip each Sausage wrapped egg in the beaten eggs then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture.
- When all the eggs have been prepared this way, deep fry the eggs, one or 2 at a time, until golden brown.
NotesThese are a great treat for May Day/Beltaine or Easter/Ostara since we all have a million easter eggs lying around... but I would not eat them more often than that, they are pretty high on the Fat/Cholesterol list. You could use ground Turkey, Chicken, Lamb, or Goat instead of Pork - but we ARE deep frying folks! In the picture, I have covered them with a Sauce Moutarde, which is simply a Hollandaise with Dijon whisked in at the end.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More