- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 28-30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. confectioners' sugar
- 2 c. sifted flour
- Cream butter 'til light. Add sugar and beat 'til light and fluffy. Add flour and mix to make a soft dough.
- Pat or roll on floured surface to 1/3-1/2" thickness. Cut with 2 1/2" cookie cutter or knife. (You can gently flute edges with fingers as for pie crust. Or decorate by pricking cookies with fork.)
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet in slow 325º oven about 20 min. 'til cookies are very delicately browned. Remove cookies and cool on racks.
- Kay says, this is often the recipe I use for Christmas goodie boxes. I use miniature Christmas cookie cutters and then dust the baked cookies with powdered sugar after they've cooled just a bit!! I've never actually kept track of how many miniature cookies I get, but it's a lot and I can put together several goodie boxes just from this one recipe!!!
NotesTint the dough if you like!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Jean’s Recipe File
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More