- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 28-30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. butter
- 3/4 c. confectioners' sugar
- 2 c. sifted flour
- Cream butter 'til light. Add sugar and beat 'til light and fluffy. Add flour and mix to make a soft dough.
- Pat or roll on floured surface to 1/3-1/2" thickness. Cut with 2 1/2" cookie cutter or knife. (You can gently flute edges with fingers as for pie crust. Or decorate by pricking cookies with fork.)
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet in slow 325º oven about 20 min. 'til cookies are very delicately browned. Remove cookies and cool on racks.
- Kay says, this is often the recipe I use for Christmas goodie boxes. I use miniature Christmas cookie cutters and then dust the baked cookies with powdered sugar after they've cooled just a bit!! I've never actually kept track of how many miniature cookies I get, but it's a lot and I can put together several goodie boxes just from this one recipe!!!
NotesTint the dough if you like!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More