- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 100 g soft butter
- 100 g Ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/3 cup macadamia (or other nuts), broken into small pieces
- a bit of vanilla extract (or lemon zest)
- Preheat oven to 150-160*C.
- Make a smooth dough out of all ingredients (use food processor or knead by hand).
- Take out shapes (dough is very brittle!), or press the dough into a tin, cut it and prick with fork (see picture on:
- http://jasnaskitchencreations.blogspot.com/2010/06/shortbread.html )
- Bake 10-12 minutes - shortbread needs to stay pale.
- For best results use best ingredients.
- Keep in a cool and dry place for a month.
NotesI have tried many recipes for Scotish Shortbread. I also experimented with ingredients by my own; I wanted to archieve that authentic 'buttery' smell and taste. This is what I came up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Fun appetizers and snacks
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More