- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 English muffin
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons diced green or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- A dash of oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded low-moisture, part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split English muffin in half and toast; set aside.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, green onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring continuously for 2 minutes, or until vegetables are softened. Stir egg substitute, pepper and oregano into vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring continuously until egg substitute is set, about 2 minutes.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce onto each English muffin half. Spoon a quarter of the egg mixture over pizza sauce and top with a quarter of the cheese. Spoon the remaining egg mixture and cheese evenly on top of the muffins. Place the muffins on a baking sheet and bake* for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Or, bake in a toaster oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More