- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. Artisan bread dough http://jojobean26.blogspot.com/2009/05/im-convert.html
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbls. milk
- Fillings (I used spinach, tomatoes, ham, and cheese)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Flour your hands, rolling pin and work surface.
- Roll dough to a 1/2 inch tickness and slice into 10 squares with a pair of scissors.
- Press squares into greased muffin tin. Dough should be pressed thin and corners should stretch up out of the cup.
- Fill each dough cup with 1/4 cup of chosen fillings. I used chopped ham and shredded cheddar for half, and baby spinach and sliced grape tomatoes for the other half.
- Beat eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over fillings until cups are almost filled to the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked.
NotesI've been playing with ways to use up all of the artisan bread that I made earlier in the week. I was inspired by the Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/?p=482 to use some for little egg cups. They were so yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More