- 3 large fresh organic eggs
- 3 tb sweet butter
- 2 tb half and half
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tb pecorino romano, freshly grated
- 2 small sprigs basil
- 1. In a small heavy bottom skillet, over medium-low flame, heat 1 ½ tb sweet butter until just golden brown (hazelnut looking)
- 2. Crack the eggs directly into the skillet and pour in 1 tb of half and half and add the ½ tsp kosher salt. If they break, don't worry, we're scrambling!
- 3. As the eggs cook scramble them gently with a fork. After a minute, grate the cheese directly into the skillet.
- 4. When the eggs are almost done, add the rest of the half and half and butter. This drops the temperature and prevents from over cooking and akes it silky smooth.
- 5. Mix everything together gently with the fork. Grate Remove the eggs from the pan piling them in a fluffy pile in the middle of a warm plate. Garnish with very small sprigs of basil and serve immediately.
NotesAs Julia Child would say, "If you want to make an omlette, you've got to break some eggs." Two of Julia's favorite ingredients to cook with were eggs & butter, butter and a little more butter. This is a perfect breakfast for a lazy Sunday morning. This recipe can get messy, so if you spill do what Julia does... no excuses, never apologize.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More