BackstoryAs Julia Child would say, "If you want to make an omlette, you've got to break some eggs." Two of Julia's favorite ingredients to cook with were eggs & butter, butter and a little more butter. This is a perfect breakfast for a lazy Sunday morning. This recipe can get messy, so if you spill do what Julia does... no excuses, never apologize.
- 3 large fresh organic eggs
- 3 tb sweet butter
- 2 tb half and half
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tb pecorino romano, freshly grated
- 2 small sprigs basil
- 1. In a small heavy bottom skillet, over medium-low flame, heat 1 ½ tb sweet butter until just golden brown (hazelnut looking)
- 2. Crack the eggs directly into the skillet and pour in 1 tb of half and half and add the ½ tsp kosher salt. If they break, don't worry, we're scrambling!
- 3. As the eggs cook scramble them gently with a fork. After a minute, grate the cheese directly into the skillet.
- 4. When the eggs are almost done, add the rest of the half and half and butter. This drops the temperature and prevents from over cooking and akes it silky smooth.
- 5. Mix everything together gently with the fork. Grate Remove the eggs from the pan piling them in a fluffy pile in the middle of a warm plate. Garnish with very small sprigs of basil and serve immediately.