- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25 min
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon
- white sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup butter 3 tablespoons and 1-3/4
- teaspoons heavy cream
- 1/3 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives. Stir in cream and egg.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2 minutes.
- Press into a half-inch thick sheet.
- Cut into squares.
- Place on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar over sliced berries.
- Let shortcakes cool before splitting and filling with sugared berries.
Notes"Shortcake made from scratch with butter and cream is topped with sugared strawberries."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More