- Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Servings: 2 jars
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 5 lbs scuppernong grapes (squished seeds and all)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 oz) Strawberry jello
- Squeeze and break down grapes so the juice can escape during cooking.
- Boil over medium heat until you get a lot of juice at the bottom of the pan. Takes about 15 minutes on med-low heat.
- Remove from heat, let cool.
- Strain the grapes to get all the juice back into the pan but no skins or seeds
- Bring to a boil and then lower to med-low to simmer, add 3 cups of sugar.
- Add pkg of jello.
- Let this boil down until its thickened and is over 220 degrees.
- Add to jars and seal.
NotesI was given some scuppernong grapes (popular and common in NC mainly) and didn't know what to do with 5 lbs of these!!! Well... the answer here is Jelly or Wine!!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
MetroCooking DC 2013
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More