- Cooking Time: 9-12 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped dark chocolate (I used a dark chocolate candy bar)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Place the coconut oil and the brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, stirring until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and the chopped chocolate.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the cookies are just golden. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
NotesMy attempt at using coconut oil in a chocolate chip cookie recipe turned out to be a fabulous idea...these are now a family favorite!