- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 15
- One 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
- 8 oz. peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp with tails removed
- 8 oz. white crab meat (about two 6-oz. cans drained)
- 1 cup Spicy Hot V8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup frozen cut okra
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, or more to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 3 minutes, until tender.
- Add tomatoes, V8 juice, and cornstarch. Stir well, making sure cornstarch dissolves completely. Cook until mixture begins to bubble. Add okra, Cajun seasoning, and Frank's RedHot. Stir and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and continue to simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 - 4 minutes. Add crab meat and 3/4 cup water. Raise heat to medium, and return to a boil.
- Remove pot from heat, cover, and let thicken for 5 minutes. Season to taste with black pepper. If you like, add a little more Cajun seasoning and Frank's RedHot. Enjoy!
- MAKES 5 SERVINGS
- PER SERVING (1/5th of recipe, about 1 cup): 133 calories, 1.25g fat, 710mg sodium, 14g carbs, 2.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 17g protein
- Alternative! For a more traditional gumbo, add 3/4 cup cooked brown rice to the pot just before you cover it during the last step. Each serving will then have 165 calories, 1.5g fat, 710mg sodium, 21g carbs, 3g fiber, 7g sugars, and 17.5g protein
NotesThis Recipe came from a website with recipes geared towards people who had Gastric Bypass
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More