- Cooking Time: 130
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups okra, sliced
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 medium crabs, cleaned
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lb fish fillets, cut in bite size pieces
- ½ pint oysters
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, to taste
- 3 quarts water
- ½ cup green onion tops and parsley, chopped
- In a large aluminum pot, (do not use a black iron pot).
- Sauté in butter, onions, celery, green peppers, garlic and okra for 10 minutes.
- Add the roux*, water and Worcestershire.
- Season to taste.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except green onions and parsley. Cook for another hour.
- Serve over rice.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped green onion tops and parsley.
Notes*ROUX [roo] - A mixture of flour and fat that, after being slowly cooked over low heat, is used to thicken mixtures such as soups and sauces.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More