- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 15
- Seared Ahi and Baked Tomato with Mustard Soy Sauce Recipe
- Ahi- 4 oz piece
- Salt and Pepper- As Needed
- Avacado- 1/2 Piece
- Mustard Soy Sauce
- Mayo- 1 Tablespoon
- Soy Sauce- 3 oz.
- Mirin Rice Wine- 1 oz.
- Rice Wine Vinegar- 1/2 oz.
- Whole Seed Mustard- 1 Tablespoon
- Brown Sugar- 1 Tablespoon
- Sage- 1/2 teaspoon
- Baked Tomato
- Roma Tomatoes- 1 Piece Salt and Pepper- Drizzled on top
- Preparing the Tomato
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Slice the tomato 1/4 inch. Place your tomatoes on some foil that has been pre-oiled or sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Preparing the Sauce
- Mix all ingredients well and then season. Mince the sage and add at the end. Remember that you just want to get a hint of the sage, for the herb can overpower the sauce if you put too much
- Preparing the Ahi
- Season the Ahi on both sides. Bring your saute pan to high heat, then drizzle some oil to coat the pan. Quickly sear the ahi for no more than 20 seconds. Flip and do the same to the other side. Take the ahi off the pan once you see the even cooking of both sides of the fish and place on your cutting board. Slice the tuna in uniformed thin cuts
- Plating and Garnish
- Layer the tomatoes on your plate, fan out the ahi on top, drizzle some sauce on and around the protein, then garnish with a slice of avacdo and a sage leaf. Voila!
NotesThe quick sear of the ahi and the dehydrated tomato, complimented by mustard soy sauce, all play its part as a strong flavor profile to each savored bite.
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More