- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp Coarsly cracked Black pepper
- 2 Albacore Tuna Steaks about 1 inch thick
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- A few pinches of Kosher salt
- Press 1/2 tsp of cracked pepper onto each side of tuna steak, seasoning each side with a sprinkle of Kosher salt.
- Heat a saute pan or skillet over Medium high heat with olive oil. When a little smoke becomes visible, add tuna and sear both sides.
- At 1 inch thick:
- 2 minutes on each side is Medium Rare (Perfect)
- 2 1/2 minutes is Medium (Close to perfect)
- 3 minutes is medium well (Not so much perfect)
- 3 1/2 minutes is well done (better described as over done and dry)
- Serve with Dry Sauted Green Beans
NotesFor the most flavorful tuna steak, never grill or sear it past the medium stage. It becomes tough and dry just like beef steak. For this reason I say PLEASE, buy your tuna steaks from a reputable fish monger. Ideally you want sashimi grade fish. Now I know that all you sushi lovers out there are about to lynch me for suggesting that someone should pan sear something that should be eaten raw. But sushi/sashimi cuts of fish are the freshest. So for those of you who insist on creamating your fish to make sure it's dead, try using sushi grade cuts and put your mind at rest about a little pinkish red inside your fish steak.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Foodie BabySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More