- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3–4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 sea scallops, thoroughly dried - salt and peppered
- In a saucepot, bring 5 cups chicken stock to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add 1 small onion, diced, and sauté for 4–5 minutes until translucent.
- Add 1½ cups Arborio rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium high and add 1 cup dry white wine. Cook for 4 minutes until alcohol cooks off and wine is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat back down to medium.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock to the rice, stir slowly and simmer until most of the stock is absorbed.
- Repeat adding stock and cooking until risotto is al dente, or still has a little bite to it.
- You may not need all 5 cups of chicken stock.
- Add peas and Parmesan, stir to incorporate.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn heat off.
- Hold covered until ready to serve.
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat.
- Add 2–3 tbsp of olive oil; add scallops.
- Allow scallops to caramelize and do not attempt to turn them over until they release easily from the pan.
- Turn scallops over, caramelize second side.
- Remove scallops from pan.
- Serve scallops over rice.
A Falcon Feast
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Easy Halloween Cookies
Best Boiled Egg
Original Grape Nuts Bread Recipe from 1940’sSee More