- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 3–4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 sea scallops, thoroughly dried - salt and peppered
- In a saucepot, bring 5 cups chicken stock to a boil.
- Lower heat to a simmer.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add 1 small onion, diced, and sauté for 4–5 minutes until translucent.
- Add 1½ cups Arborio rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium high and add 1 cup dry white wine. Cook for 4 minutes until alcohol cooks off and wine is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat back down to medium.
- Add 1 cup of chicken stock to the rice, stir slowly and simmer until most of the stock is absorbed.
- Repeat adding stock and cooking until risotto is al dente, or still has a little bite to it.
- You may not need all 5 cups of chicken stock.
- Add peas and Parmesan, stir to incorporate.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn heat off.
- Hold covered until ready to serve.
- Heat a sauté pan over high heat.
- Add 2–3 tbsp of olive oil; add scallops.
- Allow scallops to caramelize and do not attempt to turn them over until they release easily from the pan.
- Turn scallops over, caramelize second side.
- Remove scallops from pan.
- Serve scallops over rice.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More